EWP aims to elevate and recognize each year a community member and an EWP staff member of any age, gender, or affiliation, who has contributed substantially to the the cause of ADVOCACY for victims and survivors of domestic or sexual violence. EXCEPTIONAL ADVOCACY manifests in any–and often, in more than one–of these ways:
- holding steadfast belief in the truth of victims’ stories of abuse
- actively countering victim-blaming with education and outreach
- protecting victims’ and survivors’ rights, privacy, and dignity
- ensuring the safety and security of victims and their children
- engaging in the medical, legal, judicial, and social arenas on behalf of victims and survivors
- guiding survivors’ healing journey toward empowerment
- responding to crisis situations with empathy and victim-centered care
Nominations are now open!
Submit your nomination for an EWP Staff Member and/or a member of our Muskegon community with our short and simple Nomination Form. Our Nomination & Selection Committee will complete a vetting process for each nominee. All nominations must be submitted by September 15 for consideration.
Award recipients are recognized at our Power of the Purse event in October. Subscribe to our newsletter for future announcements, plus sneak previews featuring our award recipients! If you are interested in volunteering on our Nomination & Selection Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Exceptional Advocacy Award Recipient Caitlin Renner
2019 Exceptional Advocacy Award Recipient Jenny McNeill